Friday, June 29, 2012

Salads I've made to have for lunch with my mom

First I made a green salad and then a pasta salad! They both turned out really yummy!!


Green Salad

Lettuce
Arugula
Apple
Carrot
Tuna
Walnuts
Ham
Grapes
Olive oil
Queso fresco (Why do Americans call it the Spanish name?)



Pasta Salad

Pasta
Arugula
Red bell pepper
Tomato
Cucumber
Grapes
Eggs (Common Quail - pretty much like regular eggs, just tinier)
Pork (We had some left over pork tenderloin from the day before, so I cut it into little pieces and add it in)
Queso fresco
Parsley
Mayo (just a little bit)

I made this without real recipes - used whatever was at hand at the time I was making lunch. The ham, tuna and pork just happened to have been left from the day before. All these ingredients are usually available in my parents' kitchen anyways. So, these were fun ways to make delicious lunches.

Next time I need to try to make my mom's rice salad. I haven't had it in a couple years - need to ask her what she usually puts in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment